Friday 30 March 2012

Quotation of the week: Explain it Simply

Font: Quicksand Light | Feather brush by Kerri Crau
This is one of those truths that I feel like I already knew but never explained it with this clarity - perhaps I didn't understand it well enough! And who's going to argue with Einstein? I have always found if I'm struggling with something I'm trying to write, it is a good test to explain what you want to say out loud to someone. If you can't explain it clearly to them, its time to go back to the drawing board. Clever doesn't have to mean unintelligible!

Have a great weekend,

PS. The background for this quotation was inspired by early cyanotypes by Anna Atkins. You can view them online on the Victoria and Albert Museum's website

2 comments:

  1. This is a great quote! And so true. I need to remember this more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Josie, its a good one isn't it! Thanks for reading my blog, and taking the time to post a comment - I LOVE comments! Have a great day, Amy Xxx

      Delete

I love to hear from you - no-one wants to be in a one-sided conversation - so leave me a comment and let me know you care! And if you want to send me a really lo-o-o-o-o-o-ng message, you can email me on heynicecardigan [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk

Amy Xxx