Friday 23 March 2012

For Tough Days

Font: Oswald
In past Quotation of the Week posts I have used quotations from famous and wise people, but this week I just wanted to post this little phrase since it is one that helps me a lot. When our baby was first born, I found the early months incredibly tough (I'm sure I'm not the only one!). The early days of parenthood are so relentless and gruelling, especially if, like us, you have a baby who is very colicky in the evenings and wakes a lot at night. One of the hardest things about having a baby, and one of the things that got to me back then, is that there is no way out of it and however hard it is you can't give up or change your mind.

This was a phrase that someone said to me in those weeks (and months!) when you wake up after yet another terrible night and wish you could escape but know you can't. Whenever I am struggling with things in life, I often think this little mantra to myself and remind myself to just keep going because nothing lasts forever.

If you are currently in those tough, tough days with a young baby I hope this might help you too, or if you're struggling with anything in life at the moment. Sometimes all you can do is keep trudging along and wait for things to change, I know they did for me and I'm sure they will for you too. And today is Friday, which is always a good thing!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing little 'mantra' and an amazing blog as well, love it! :) I just started my own blog and I'm sooooooo excited!

    Have a great day and lots of love,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne! As a new blogger too, I know what you mean - I'd thought about starting a blog for so long and its so exciting now I've finally got going, the blogging world is amazing!

      Thanks for taking the time to comment and good luck with your blog, I'm off to check it out now! Amy Xxx

      Delete
  2. what a very open and honest post. it's refreshing to see that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think that sometimes the hardest thing with having a new baby it beating yourself up because you think you're meant to be having the time of your life all the time and actually sometimes its just hard. Having a baby is great, and it gets easier, but I think people should feel ok about not enjoying all of it.

      Thanks so much for leaving a comment, Amy Xxx

      Delete

I love to hear from you - no-one wants to be in a one-sided conversation - so leave me a comment and let me know you care! And if you want to send me a really lo-o-o-o-o-o-ng message, you can email me on heynicecardigan [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk

Amy Xxx