Saturday 14 April 2012

My Week In Instagrams


  1. Last weekend we took baby Joe to the farm shop near us, he loved seeing the chickens and rabbits they have there. It is such a great place to shop since you drive through the fields where most of their fruit and veg is grown to get to the shop. This pretty pink rhubarb caught my eye, it's one of my favourites.
  2. We bought a bargain bag of carrots so I made these delicious carrot cup cakes -anything tastes great when you put cream cheese icing on top of it! The recipe is from Nigella Lawson's How To Be A Domestic Goddess if you'd like to try making them yourself.
  3. I drank some of our sloe gin from last autumn with tonic and a slice of lime, delicious! I posted about how to make sole gin a while ago, read up now and get prepared for this autumn's sloe harvest.
  4. Easter weekend was last weekend. This is all that remains of my chocolate bunny...
  5. I love this sweet sewing box I got from an Oxfam shop in St Albans this week.
  6. I met my sister for soup, sandwiches, and exciting chat about working together on some projects for this blog.
  7. I was inspired by Emma who writes at Food Coma and A Beautiful Mess and posted recently about her green smoothie challenge. I tried one out myself, made with fresh spinach, frozen banana and pineapple. 
  8. On Friday we took a trip to the museum in Tring. It is part of the Natural History Museum (whose main museum is in London) and its full of stuffed animals. It is an amazing place to take children: here is Joe meeting a tiger.
  9. I love the pretty pastels that are so fashionable this spring. I thought I would try updating my look (!!!) with these sweet nail varnishes - a flash of fresh colour is always welcome!
So that's what my week looked like this week - very pink and green! I hope you had a great and colourful week too. Have a wonderful weekend,

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy. Just popped over after you visited mine. Your blog is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie, nice to meet a new blog buddy! I'm really enjoying working on this blog at the moment, good to have a project just for me while I'm not working and at home with a little one - regardless of whether I ever make any money from it I'm am learning valuable new skills, keeping up my old ones, challenging myself to improve, and expressing myself, which is all just as valuable. Thanks for popping over! Amy Xxx

      Delete

I love to hear from you - no-one wants to be in a one-sided conversation - so leave me a comment and let me know you care! And if you want to send me a really lo-o-o-o-o-o-ng message, you can email me on heynicecardigan [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk

Amy Xxx